Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A rigorous training session.

I must tell you about last night - a super session.

I had read the recent posts on sleeping in rubber on the IAR forum and decided to have another go myself last night. I had been wearing my usual gear out during the whole day - suit, jacket trousers, open faced hood etc. which I have described before, so last night just took off my mack and boots whicj would have been too cumbersome and added full-face hood with mouth zip.

I turned up the heating to 25C (77F), put a latex sheet on the bed and and with aid of some talcum climbed into my big heavy rubber rubber sleeping sack. I had my head inside but the zip wide open except when I sht it up compleely for rebreathing training. I shut the mouth zip then too. I lasted abou ten minutes each time - I was really sweating. With a few breaks to go to the bathroom which meant opening up three zips to get to my sheathed pants with tube. I endured all night. I slept little - my hood obstructed breathing a little so I woke up every few minutes to take deep breaths.

It was a very good night - really severe endurance training, but I am tired this morning. All the same I am back in my boots and soon will into my SBR mack etc to go out. I reckon that by tonight both I and my gear will need a wash.

The trouble is that I cannot manage rigorous training like that too frequently, enjoyable as it is. I must try less heat and perhaps a different hood to sleep better.

Being a rubberist means to me being tough but I really enjoy it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home