Friday, December 09, 2005

Progess in coming out

I was away for nearly three weeks without rubber, so am now back in an intensely rubber phase, wearing gear all day and some at night too. I have gradually accustomed friends and relations to seeing me in varying amounts of rubber. They have accepted what they see as an eccentricity, and I have found that I can walk into shops and cafes etc. wear my gear around without any anxiety, though I do avoid drunks and in contrast secluded places, where any solitary man gives rise to suspicion anyway.Few people realise it is a fetish, and they are no problem, but good to meet.

The remarkable thing is that my usual gear of SBR mack fastened up to neck, SBR cap (from Westhervain - the peak unfortunately points down, looking to much like the SS, though I think it looks more like the Brigade of Guards), boots over latex trousers, and heavy rubber gloves attracts little or no attention in winter, though it gets gratifying curiosity in the hot weather as I have written before.

I wear layers of black latex under, and in suitable company like the local pub, where they have quite accepted me, will now take off my mack to show my heavy catsuit, or my heavy jacket and trousers, with wide latex belt.

But I have no problems of work or family, living alone and working only part-time, remotely.

For my vanilla life I dress conventionally, very conventionally. and even produced a dark overcoat and bowler hat for Remembrance Sunday. I did not buy the bowler - it was presented to a friend on retirement, and he gave it to me saying that I was more likely to wear it. So I do not flout convention, but wear rubber only where it is acceptable. Clubs of course get the full enclosure treatment.

I do not have a web site. The web is another matter. People not in the scene with different motivations might intrude if they could recognise or trace one. That might be disagreeable. There is still a common general belief that fetishism and BDSM is connected with disagreeable and criminal actions which we rubberists would have no more to do with than our friends and relations. Those public-spirited people who maintain free fetish galleries are splendid, but I have not the same resources or indeed the same pictures.

Rubber fetishism remains a mystery. For people in whose childhood rubber wear was everyday, a trauma leading to fetishism is understandable. Nowadays people discover when they are older a fascination with rubber and often leather that seems to be the satisfaction of some special qualities - perhaps the smooth feel, or being covered in a tight and clinging garment. Men seem to require this, while women often prefer the fashion aspect with perhaps bondage aspects. There seem sadly few women rubberists who have not been motivated by their partners and acquired different amounts of toleration or enthusiasm.

I find I get great great and continued pleasure in wearing my rubber and even more in showing off - that is a separate and unusual yen. Rubber is not necessarily a direct sexual stimulant, though it gives me a pleasant continued feeling of arousal swhich sheathed underpants encourage.

Your comments are as always welcome. Am I very unwise, playing with fire? I have learnt not to push physical endurance, especially of heat, too far, tempting as it is when already on a sweating high. What about the social aspects?

Rubberist Blackie - learning to be tough in rubber, and enjoying it !

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackie said...

Yes, it makes senxe. You do not consider masochists, for whom the discomfort, within limits, is stimulating. My own sexual feelings are, sadly, not what they were, but as you point out pleasure in rubber can remain.

I want total enclosure and that includes gloves, inconvenient as they are. It also includes face covering. This is a common need i think.

However the fact remains that the texture and feel of rubber onone's own or another person's body seems to have a unique effect. Leather seems more orientated towards BDSM, certainly in the public mind.

You thoughtful comments are much appreciated.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home