Thursday, December 22, 2005

So you are Out - Big deal?

As I said in a comment on my previous post, I have been suffering from a nasty cold. Being unwell is definitely vanilla. I did manage though a day out in rubber on Monday and an evening at the pub after. So I hope after Christmas - a social and vanilla experience - to get into my rubber regularly and to tackle chlorination, and then sleeping in my sleep sack.

I have been thinking about my experiences in the past few months. I said I was going to try going round in SBR to get people accustomed to it and working up to more. Well, this has worked quite well. Locally I go round in SBR mack, boots, SBR cap, shiny black plastic gloves over other gear, including visible heavy trousers.

To the pub I wear my open-faced hood, and my mack with double-buckled wide belt outside, and als a separate collar. Sometimes I takes off my SBR to show my heavy jacket and trousers underneath - there is a catsuit and lighter jacket and trousers under that. People just say Hi.

For many years I enjoyed wearing rubber in public but was terrified of anyone I knew seeing me. Now it doesn't matter. A worry I have had for years about being found out has disappeared. I am just mildly ecccntric in black 'leather' as people call it and just a local character. A woman acquaintance met me when I was in vanilla and queried why not my usual gear. A few days later in gear I met her again and she said, "Ah, there's the Blackie we know".

Of curse I have a vanilla life which is important. Like Dark, rubber is not everything in my life, especially as the sex drive is not what it was. With some friends and on some occasions I dress conventionally, indeed formally. Oddly my vanila habits are very conventional generally.

But I now feel much more at ease with myself and can accept my fetish. Perhaps as result my enthusiasm may dwindle over time. My physical stamina is not what it was - as I have recorded, some of my hot summer days in rubber left me exhaused for a day or two.

My situation without family or job responsibilities is favourable for this. A partner is as I know quite another matter. It does seem though we underrate the acceptability of latex wear to the public, who know nothing whatever about the existence of the fetish or the scene. But then Ilive in a quiet part of the country.

All very surprising. But then life is surprising.

Blackie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackie said...

Yes, most of the time I look ordinary with just different material clothing. When I wear an open-faced hood and big gloves which I have to take off to handle money, revealing thin gloves under, as at the pub tonight, then I stand out.

It also depends on the weather. In hot sunny weather not surprisingly I attract much more attention. I do not wear this gear locally except to the pub.

I can class my gear into:

1. SBR mack worn over vanilla black chinos and sweater, with boots. I can take off the mack and look pretty ordinary.

2: Rubber underneath including visible trousers. One pair of short shiny plastic gloves. SBR cap. Familar to lcal peole and neighbors.

3: Oen-faced hood and heavy gloves, plus shades. Definitely eyecatching. Worn away from people I know, except in the pub. I tend not to meet the other customers elsewhere.

So what I wear is tailored to how much attention I want. This works well. People who know me in 1 are not conscious of the difference when they are told I have been seen in 2 or 3.

Then there is 4, for clubs - full-face hood, bondage collar etc. There nobody notices.

As you suggest, wearing with confidence comes with practice. Normal behaviour blends in.

My circumstances as I have explained make all this much easier for me.

When people ask me why I wear gear I explain I just like it. They nearly always say that there is no reason not to do what one likes.

A few see the sexual implications and if not already in the scene are very interested. Some are just sophisticated and know exactly what I am doing although having no fetish interest at all.

I have not been thought necessarily gay, though if I met drunken gay-bashers they might not give me the benefit of the doubt. I keep away from places and times when they might be about. The cap makes people say sometimes I look like a Nazi.

So within these limits my rubber gear is no big deal. There are of course strictly vanilla occasions. This can amusingly surprise people used to seeing me in gear.

I hope not too many typing errors - still fully geared and hooded with thin gloves after evening at pub.

Must strip off - vanilla day tomorrow looking after elderly neighbours.

Will blog further on this after thought rather than this stream of consciousness.

Blackie.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home